IMAGO Couples Retreat
When: March 6th – 8th, 2020
Where: Austin, TX
When: March 27th – 29th, 2020
Where: Feasterville-Trevose, PA
This IMAGO weekend workshop, based on the books and teachings of Dr. Harville Hendrix, will help you to better know yourself and your partner. The basis of IMAGO is the Intentional Dialoge, which helps partners to slow down and be more heard by their partner.
First, let’s take a step back and talk about, well, talking.
- Communication is one of the most important aspects of any committed relationship, yet most couples experience some difficulty when it comes to discussing meaningful topics with their partner.
- Sometimes, even small annoyances can quickly grow into conflicts or ruptures if we aren’t able to effectively communicate with our partner.
- By learning and practicing some easy yet powerful tools of communication in this workshop, you and your partner can foster greater understanding for one another and connect in a deeper and more meaningful way.
As you explore your interactions in this safe and constructive environment, you will come to a place where you can discover why you trigger each other, and why you chose each other as a partner in the first place.
- Through this greater understanding of yourself and your partner, your connection can deepen in the most profound way.
This IMAGO relationship workshop will teach you new communication skills for those important and difficult conversations.
- Then you will have the space and support to practice what you learned so that you can leave the workshop feeling more confident in your abilities to repair from conflict and ruptures.
Any couple can benefit from this workshop. Some common reasons you might attend an IMAGO workshop are:
- You are beginning a relationship, and would like to create a strong foundation and avoid some of the frustrations you may have experienced in the past.
- You are engaged ant looking for a pre-marital workshop to better know our fiancé.
- You want to turn a good relationship into a great relationship!
- You are in a difficult relationship and want to resolve longstanding conflicts.
- You are near break-up and want to decide if the relationship can be saved.
In this workshop, you will learn how to:
- Develop effective new communication skills using the “Imago Dialogue.”
- Resolve longstanding conflicts with compassion and ease.
- Recreate the passion, attraction, and intimacy that first brought you together.
- Discover a path to emotional healing and spiritual evolution through your relationship.
- Experience a deep level of empathy and connection with your partner.
Tens of thousands of couples worldwide have attended the Imago Weekend Workshop for couples.
- It is called “Getting the Love You Want” because it is closely based on the best-selling book of the same name by Harville Hendrix, Phd, who personally developed this workshop over a 16 year period.
The workshop is a journey, and at the end you will leave with insights into how you can create a deeply satisfying and long-lasting relationship with your partner, as well as having learned skills that can help you to achieve that.
Through exercises that you share with partner, you would explore some of your emotional history, and learn how that influences both the reason you chose your partner, and also the reason that you may both be drawn either now or later into a power-struggle.
Imago views the power-struggles that occur in relationships as a natural part of love, and also a great opportunity to deepen your love and make the relationship more satisfying.
- Within your disagreements with your partner lie important clues about how you can learn to transform you love into something even richer, as long as you can discuss these issues in a way which feels comfortable and positive.
That’s why during the workshop we teach you how to use the Imago Dialogue.
- This is a powerful approach to exploring deep emotional issues and restoring lost connection.
- We will ask for volunteer couples that can be coached in front of the class through demonstrations, and then give you plenty of time to practice and apply the dialogue to the insights you develop throughout the workshop.
- There’s always help close by if you get stuck!
Sometimes we hear from couples who are concerned about revealing personal information to others.
- That’s why we set the workshop up so that if you wish you can do all your personal work privately with your partner, and just share with the group if you wish.
- We’ve also learned over the years that one of the most inspiring elements of the workshop is to see other couples going through the Imago processes during the demonstration, and to hear their stories.
By the end of the workshop, most couples leave feeling far more positive about their relationship, and the workshop closes with finding ways to make sure your life is full of caring and romance.
“If you want to appreciate your partner more and get your needs met, Imago is the way to go.”
“I was a bit skeptical at first and it was/is incredibly beneficial.”
Dates & Locations
March 6th – 8th, 2020 Austin, TX
March 27th – 29th, 2020 Feasterville-Trevose, PA
Friday 6:30 – 9:30 p.m.
Saturday 8:30 am – 6:30 pm
(plus 1+ hr. homework on your own)
Sunday 8:30 am – 6:30 pm
Registration Fee: $629 per couple
Early Bird Registration (through Dec. 1): $489
All registration fees paid, in full or in part, are final and non-refundable. Registrants are considered registered once payment is submitted.